24 January, 2011

Mobile Blogging

I love the mobile life. From my phone, in line at the grocery store, waiting at the doctor's office, or stuck at a red light I can read the news, glance at my calendar, or check my email.

Right now I am at Cold Stone Creamery enjoying a very rich Oreo cookie filling ice cream with -- you guessed it -- Oreo cookies added in. I reviewed my calendar for tonight and the rest of the week. I noted an upcoming conference in April and emailed myself some notes. I read a book chapter on Kindle for Android. And I downloaded Jewels from the Android market. I looked up game stats as my teenage son continued to agonize over Saturday's disappointing Jayhawk loss at the hands of the Longhorns.

I do miss those reflective moments that have become more illusive. I miss the feel of pen on paper. I miss the temporary suspension of input, those precious minutes needed to interpret and make sense of the daily information overload. I miss looking out the window and not wondering if I am missing an important tweet.

But I refuse to give up Angry Birds.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

No comments:

Post a Comment